Plum is considered to be a natural hybrid of thorns and cherry plums. Applied in medicine, cosmetology and naturally in cooking. Plum is found in almost every garden area, thanks to its pleasant taste.
It grows on all continents except Antarctica. According to scientists, about 2000 varieties were bred among domestic plums. In this article we will take a closer look at what the benefits are and what harm can drain the health of men and women.
Plum - fruit or berry?
Plum is a fruit tree that ripens in temperate latitudes. Its fruits are odnokostianka oblong, which is covered with a thin, usually blue skin.Plum fruits are oblong
Plums are available all year round, but the most juicy are sold from May to early September. When choosing fruits follow simple rules:
- give away elastic fruit preference with thick skin, regardless of color - yellow, black, white, red or blue;
- exclude the presence of damaged or immature areas;
- choose fruits grown in natural conditionsand not in greenhouses;
- refuse from buying too soft plums covered with a thin shell.
Healing and beneficial properties for human health
Practically all parts of the plum are used - flowers, bark, leaves, seeds and ripe fruits. Due to its composition, fresh and dried fruits have the following beneficial properties.:
- Memory improvement. Associated with the neutralization of damaged cells.
- Protection of vessels and their cleansing of cholesterol plaques. Helps to prevent the development of atherosclerosis, reduce blood pressure.
- Antipyretic effect when used in dry form.
- Immunity strengtheningdue to the high content of vitamin C.
- Regulation of water-salt balance, excretion of excess fluid.
- Maintain eye health and visual acuity, strengthening the mucous membrane.
- Prevention of diseases such as arthritis, heart attack, cancer, asthma.
- Stimulation of the gastrointestinal tract, increased appetite, lowering the level of hydrochloric acid in the stomach.
- Protection of the nervous system, normalization of sleep, getting rid of stress.
- Plum masks used for cosmetic purposes. They return skin elasticity, have a good anti-aging effect.
- Wound healing effect when using broth.
- Reduced anxiety, increased serotonin production.
- With iron deficiency anemia.
- Risk reduction heart attack.
- Extending youth and longevity.
- Plum is widely used in cosmetology
- Drinking plum improves memory and lowers blood pressure.
- Dried plums have antipyretic effect.
- A decoction of plums has healing properties
Athletes are encouraged to include plums in their daily diet.. Potassium contained in the composition contributes to muscle contraction after active workouts.
Energy value and nutrients
People often ask the question: "How many calories are contained in plums and can they be consumed while sticking to a diet?" The average calorie content of a plum is 42 kilo calories per 100 grams (3 pieces). This fruit is a low-calorie product, which is characterized by excellent cleansing abilities.. This feature allows you to answer the exciting question: "Is it possible to lose weight on plums?" Contains proteins, carbohydrates, fiber, calcium, magnesium, iodine and other elements. It should be noted that dried plum (prunes) are more caloric than fresh - 255 kcal.Prunes are more nutritious than fresh plums.
The fruit is rich in vitamin P, which is of particular value to the body. With its help, the fragility and fragility of capillaries is reduced. Vitamin is preserved even after processing the fruit.
Useful properties of plums due to their composition:
- Vitamin C. He is directly involved in redox reactions, the absorption of iron, the functioning of the immune system.
- Siliconwhich is necessary for the synthesis of collagen.
Plums are recommended to be eaten separately from other foods and drinks in the first half of the day, at least 30 minutes before meals. In this case, the sugar will be spent on the needs of the body, rather than being set aside. Excessive carbohydrates can lead to fat accumulation.
In cooking, plum is used to make jam, jam, flavored jelly. From the fruits they prepare seasoning for dishes, as well as pleasant plum vodka, tart wine.
Use during pregnancy: the benefits and harm
All pregnant women know that plums and especially prunes help fight stool delays. Women in the waiting period of the baby often pursue constipation. It is enough to eat several fruits a day to get rid of this problem.During pregnancy, draining is recommended as a remedy for constipation.
The beneficial properties of plums do not end there. What else is the use? The fruit contains important vitamin E, which has a beneficial effect on the placenta and the condition of its vessels..
Often, pregnant women inject a plum into their diet to reduce bleeding gums. Natural antioxidant allows you to cleanse the body of a woman from free radicals. A mask based on the pulp will moisturize the skin, get rid of shallow wrinkles.
The use of steamed prunes in milk is effective from corns and calluses.. Means impose on the night. In the morning, the skin softens considerably and after a few sessions the problem disappears.
The presence of folic acid in the sink is of particular value. Water-soluble vitamin is responsible for the absence of defects in the development of the neural tube in the fetus.
Use in traditional medicine for men and women
Traditional healers pay special attention to plum. Most often used:
- decoction of flowers with a mild laxative effect;
- bark decoction and twigs has a pronounced anti-inflammatory, expectorant and astringent effect;
- plum juice with a cold;
- infusion of leaves and flowers The plum is effective for inflammation of the bladder, as well as hair loss.
- pitch with urolithiasis and rash on the surface of the skin.
- From the plum flowers you can make a healing decoction or infusion
- When urolithiasis pathology will help plum
- Plum juice helps with colds
As a folk remedy, a large spread plum leaf tea. Its benefits are manifested in a pronounced sedative, sedative effect. With regular use will help relax and relieve accumulated stress.
Plum: negative effects on the body and contraindications
Excessive consumption of plum is dangerous even for a healthy person. Often note diarrhea, increased acidity in the stomach, the appearance of heartburn.. In most cases, the harm from the fruit is associated with immoderation in its use.
Particular care when consuming plums should be observed by people:Plum is contraindicated in certain categories of people.
- with diabetes and severe obesity, due to high sugar levels;
- contraindication during the exacerbation of gastritis with increased acidity;
- with systemic inflammatory diseases of the joints and musclesgout, the presence of stones in the gallbladder;
- individual intolerance;
- lactating mothers, because drinking plum can cause diarrhea and colic in babies. Excluded fruits, both in natural and dried form.
A large number of plums, eaten by children, causes bowel disorder, as well as pain in the epigastric region.
Kids under 3 years old are not recommended to use fresh fruit.. Pediatricians allow the addition of a small amount of plum puree in pots, curds.
Before use, plums should be thoroughly washed. Their skin is always covered with yeast. Do not use fruits with mold and other lesions.
Features of the use of plum pits
In eastern medicine, widely used tools prepared on the basis of pits. Plum tincture shows positive results in the treatment of bronchitis, lingering cough, prevention of cancer.Plum bones and their kernels are widely used for medicinal purposes
Like any other stone fruit, plum kernels contain amygdalin. Under the action of enzymes of the gastrointestinal tract, the substance forms prussic acid, in large doses dangerous for the body. Heat treatment leads to the destruction of harmful substances.
From plum seeds get fatty oils, which are used on a par with almond. Possess pronounced antioxidant properties. The oil has a tart, bitter almond flavor.
For medicinal purposes, they do not use the bones themselves, but their kernels.. Ideally, their daily use is recommended, but prior consultation with doctors is necessary. Around the use of plum stones, there are often discussions about their safety.
With reasonable use of this product, it is possible to improve health, improve well-being, as well as cleanse the body. Cheerfulness and good mood provided.