Rabbits are often bred in the household because the meat of these animals has good taste, and their skin has great value. Yes, and in the food, these animals are not quite capricious. But everything would be fine if it were not for the high susceptibility of rabbits to various infectious diseases. And this happens due to inexperience and ignorance of the owner of the farm.
Experienced breeders advise to do preventive maintenance for rabbits from the first month of life, as a prophylactic agent you can use baytril. This drug helps to prevent and cure infectious diseases. So at what testimony should be used? How to give young and adult individuals? Let's consider the detailed instructions of this tool.
What is baytril used for?
Baytril is a medicine that refers to the means of a universal type, used to treat various diseases in rabbits with an infectious course. This antimicrobial drug has a wide range of effects. It can be used both for the treatment and for the prevention of the prevention of the appearance of infections.Baytril 2.5%
Baytril is indicated for the following diseases of an infectious species:
- For treatment myxomatosis;
- Infectious respiratory damage;
- Infectious stomach diseases and intestines;
- Infectious urogenital system lesions;
- For treatment of pneumonia with bacterial or enzootic character;
- When rhinitis atrophic type;
- With others infectious pathologiststhat are caused by pathogens with a high level of sensitivity to fluoroquinolones. For diseases with a mixed nature and infections of the secondary type that have arisen during diseases of the viral type.
The composition and release form of the drug
The main component of the drug is enrofloxacin.
AT depending on the dosage in 1 ml of the drug baytril contains:
- With a dosage of 2.5% contains 25 mg of enrofloxacin;
- With a dosage of 5% - 50 mg of enrofloksitsina;
- With a dosage of 10% - 100 mg enrofloksitsina.
In the composition there are additional components:
- Potassium hydroxide;
- Water for injections.
Regardless of the dosage means baytril is produced in the form of a solution with a light yellow color that has a transparent structure. Sterile. On sale found in bottles of 100 ml of glass base brown. The vials are placed in a stack of cardboard. There is a label on the packaging and bottles. The marking consists of the name of the product, manufacturer, address, serial number, date of issue, indications of storage conditions (from 5 degrees Celsius to 25 degrees Celsius above zero), indications of shelf life (usually not more than 3 years), TU. Instructions are necessarily enclosed in packing. After opening the medicine is stored for 28 days, but not longer.
Pharmacological properties of the drug
The main component of the drug is - enroflaksitsin. This substance belongs to the group of fluoroquinolones. It has a wide spectrum of antimicro-plasma and antibacterial effects on infectious agents. When ingested, it leads to the suppression of the growth and development of bacteria. These bacteria include the following microorganisms:
The principle of the mechanism of action of the main component is based on the effect of the enzyme gyrase with inhibited activity on the replication of the DNA helix, which is located in the nucleus of the bacterial cell.Injections to rabbits
During injection, the drug is rapidly absorbed in all tissues, and instantly spreads through the body of the animal. Duration of concentration medication in the blood is 30-40 minutes. The level of therapeutic concentration in the body lasts up to 24 hours. Displays medication kidneys unchanged.
Instructions for use of the drug
How to use for kids
Before you start using baytril, you should pay attention to the symptoms of the flow of an infectious disease. Cubs should be given baytril for treatmentif they have the following symptoms:
- Rabbits are becoming lethargic;
- Bad or complete lack of appetite;
- Occurrence diarrhea;
- Individuals sneeze and cough;
- Elevated tearing eyes;
- Allotment from the eyes and nose;
- Rabbits constantly sit still in the corner of the cage;
- Fever. To the touch their skin is hot, sometimes even fiery.
Therefore, so that these symptoms do not lead to death, and the disease has not passed into a severe stage, it is necessary to provide timely treatment. In addition, the use of baytril helps protect against the occurrence of infections, so it can be used for prophylactic treatment.Little rabbits in a cage
Before starting treatment it is necessary to do the following. mandatory preparatory actions:
- Sick individuals set aside from healthy rabbits. It is best to transplant them into a separate cell;
- Cellwhere animals are kept is good cleaned and poured with hot water;
- Drinkers should be washedb and change the water in them for clean;
- Litter cells are scrubbed;
- Remains of food, grass, hay, vegetables constantly discarded.
How to use baytril to kids:
- Use of baytril for cubs starts at one month old;
- In the presence of infections the drug is used as an injection. Because this method provides the greatest absorption of the drug;
- It is better to enter in the back of the thigh a rabbit;
- Dose of medicine with 5% dosage for babies makes 1-2 mg;
- A course of treatment is 5 days;
- For preventive treatment the drug is added to water. 5 ml of 10% baitril are added to 10 liters of water. However, this method of application can seriously harm the microflora of the animal.
How to give the drug to adults
Before you start treatment of adult rabbits the drug baytril should also be paid to the general condition of individuals. If you notice that the animals have become less active, they have lost their appetite, their temperature has risen, diarrhea has occurred, then this will be the main signal that your pets are sick with some kind of infectious disease. Immediately take appropriate measures to eliminate them.
It is better to protect your offspring in advance from infection with infections and to carry out prophylaxis with the help of the drug baytril.
Without fail Before starting treatment, conduct the following activities:
- Sick animals better to plant in a separate cage, otherwise they will infect other healthy individuals;
- The cage, which contains rabbits, is carefully removed and cleaned of all debris. She's all hot water;
- Drinkers are all thoroughly washed.I, the water in them should always be clean;
- Remains of feed mixtures, grass, vegetables are periodically cleaned.
How to apply bEytril for adults:
- Adults are given by injecting;
- Enter it should in the back of the thigh a rabbit;
- Adult rabbits 5% drug is administered at a dosage of 5 mg;
- A course of treatment should be no more than 5 days;
- As prophylaxis it is added to water, 5 ml of 10% baitril is added to 10 liters.
Generally Baytril medicine is tolerated by rabbits well. If you precisely follow the dosage and treatment, there are no side effects. Sometimes while taking the medicine with water, you may observe problems related to the disorder of the gastrointestinal tract, but they quickly pass. This is due to the fact that the components of the drug affect the microflora of the stomach of rabbits.
Baytril rabbit contraindicated under the following conditions:
- Not recommended for females during pregnancy and lactation;
- Newborn cubs;
- Animals that have hypersensitivity to the active component of the drug;
- Individuals with pathology of the nervous system;
- With hepatic and renal impairment;
- If available cartilage lesions.
Not recommended with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory effects:
average cost in many veterinary pharmacies one 100-ml bottle of Baytril drug with dosages of 2.5% and 5% ranges from 260 rubles to 380 rubles. The cost of the drug per bottle of 100 ml with a dosage of 10% is from 600 rubles to 770 rubles.
Use of baytril for the treatment and prevention of various infectious diseases in rabbits should be carried out according to the instructions. It is advisable to use it once a year to protect your offspring from the defeat of various dangerous infectious diseases. Also, do not forget to observe the correct conditions of animals during the treatment. Food during this period should contain the necessary vitamins to enhance the immune system of animals.