Beetroot is not only tasty, but also a useful root crop with a huge amount of vitamins of the PP, B group, betaine and mineral components (iodine, magnesium, potassium, calcium and iron). By eating this vegetable, you can improve your digestion, metabolism and blood circulation. Beets cleanse the kidneys and blood, reducing the acidity of our body, while also helping to cleanse the liver.
Today, a lot of gardeners prefer this kind of beet as Pablo, because the roots are very tasty, juicy, the harvest is good and stored for a long time. And with the description and how to grow this cultural plant, we will meet later in the article.
Description and characteristics of the beetroot variety Pablo
Beetroot Pablo is considered a very popular variety of vegetables. He was selected in Holland. But thanks to the excellent properties of the root, it became widespread and got to our borders. Get the harvest after the first shoots can literally be a hundred days. Gardeners agree that this root crop is ideal in terms of color and shape. It is round and is 150 mm in diameter. The average weight of a standard beet is about 0.2 kg. The vegetable skin is very thin and smooth. The pulp is distinguished by a bright crimson color, juiciness, tenderness, with the presence of a note of sweetness. In this case, the annularity of the root is completely absent.Beetroot Pablo f1
This hybrid is considered extremely resistant to leveraging and the emergence of various kinds of diseases. Root crops are well stored in a cool place and do not lose their taste quality over several months.
Beetroot Pablo is not afraid of high and low temperatures, therefore, it can be planted in open ground in fairly cold and hot climates. Root crop is especially appreciated for high yield.
Advantages and disadvantages
It's no secret that beet has a huge number of useful properties and characteristics. In its composition, it has a lot of vitamins, organic substances and trace elements. A variety of Pablo additionally has a high content of sugars and betaine.
The main advantages of the root include:
- lowers blood cholesterol and removes excess fluid from the human body;
- regular eating of this root will ensure the removal of radionuclides toxins and slag formations;
- because the root vegetable is a valuable source of iron, its recommended for anemia;
- vegetable is having mild laxative effect and help to cope with constipation while improving digestion;
- a lot of magnesium, so she useful for the nervous system;
- with the use of this cultivated plant at the same time also occurs strengthening the walls of blood vessels;
- normalizes liver function;
- in view of the fact that the root crop is characterized by a high amount of potassium, magnesium and iron salts, it helps to improve blood circulation. This vegetable is recommended to use in a mandatory manner for people suffering from diseases of the circulatory system;
- reduces the number of inflammatory processes and wounds heal;
- normalizes functioning of the gastrointestinal tract.
But even with all the positive properties of Pablo There are people who are contraindicated root. For example:
- if a person disturbed metabolism. He suffers from pathologies of the urogenital system and kidneys, it is better not to abuse the use of this root in food. All because of the high content of oxalic acid;
- with diabetes it is forbidden to eat beet;
- certain pathological abnormalities of the gastrointestinal tractFor example, gastritis is a forbidden condition for eating Pablo's root vegetables.
Planting seeds is recommended in late spring or early summer. In this case, it is worth paying attention to weather conditions and local climate. The optimal temperature regime for planting seeds is + 18- + 20 degrees Celsius. This plant is not too whimsical, so the soil in this case will suit any. But some gardeners insist on avoiding overly acidic soil. On such a land plot, the root crop will not develop comfortably. Significantly increase the taste of beets and the amount of the harvest of the preliminary enrichment of the soil with humus or peat.Pablo beet planted in late spring - early summer, tentatively in the first third of June
Choosing a plot of the garden, where you will plant the beet, pay attention to the spacious and well-lit places. Sunlight will allow the vegetable to ripen faster, as well as get excellent taste and juiciness.
To plant seeds should be exclusively in the heated soil. The depth of the beds should not be more than 20-30 mm. Between the individual rows should be left to about 0.2-0.3 m. After planting seeds, it is recommended to moisten the soil well.
Care and cultivation
Most gardeners claim that beets do not need special care. But if you have a desire to get the maximum yield, then you can take some measures for the care of plants. So, practice shows that after the first shoots, it is important to thoroughly loosen the soil. The same manipulations should be done after heavy rain and abundant watering.Pablo beets require frequent weeding and loosening the soil
Special attention should be paid to the timely weeding of the plot and the removal of weeds. This is especially important in the first time when shoots appear. In order for a plant to grow well, it needs a large amount of moisture, sunlight and nutrients.
Beetroot Pablo is not afraid of drought, but good watering it does not hurt. The harvest will be better, and the roots are tastier and juicier. The optimal mode of watering vegetables - at least once a week. During the active ripening of beets and the formation of the root itself, it is recommended to increase the watering to two times a week.
Pablo does not need extra nutrition. But if you wish, you can use potassium supplements. This will significantly increase the yield and speed of ripening of root vegetables. Whereas with nitrogen fertilizers should be very careful and attentive. This is because beets tend to accumulate nitrogen. And this will adversely affect the health and health of the person who consumes such beets in food.
Peculiarities of this variety
- This beet variety has a good resistant to the emergence of various kinds of diseases;
- this is a hybrid cultural the plant is very unpretentious. But if you want to get a good harvest, it is recommended to produce plenty of watering Pablo beets;
- fertilizer use for Pablo beets is also optional. If this is not possible, you can do without additional power.
Diseases and pests
Another advantage of this beet variety is the increased resistance of the hybrid to various diseases and damage by pests. He rarely throws arrows. as often happens with other cultivated plants. Practically not afraid of scab and roots. And if in time to feed root vegetables with potassium and phosphorus based fertilizer, then the vegetable will become practically invulnerable.Root beetroot, damaged by rodents
Wherein you should be afraid of various rodents, that can damage not only the leaves, but also the tops. To protect the cultivated plant from such an affliction, gardeners recommend sprinkling tree ash or purchased chemical formulations from rodents between the rows.
If you decide to plant Pablo's beets on your land plot, then you definitely will not regret it. Root crops grow large, juicy, tasty and fragrant. But this is all subject to proper planting and care of cultivated plants. To get a good result you need to spend a lot of effort and labor. But it's worth it.