Recently, breeders have been derived a large number of different varieties of vegetables and fruits. Scientists and radishes have not ignored their attention. This spring vegetable has a large variety of species and subspecies. But if you select on the principle of early ripeness and yield, Celeste has no competitors.
Description of a grade of radish Celesta
Radish Celeste hybrid was bred by Dutch scientists as an early ripe and high-yielding variety of spring vegetables. It is characterized by:
- the correct round shape of the root, without humps and depressions;
- bright, red-pink uniform color;
- undersized tops.
The variety was introduced and patented by the famous producer of vegetable hybrids "Enza Zaden" especially for farms, but amateur gardeners, finding out all the advantages of radish Celeste, took him into service. Now this hybrid is widespread and in demand in farms and in home gardening.
The hybrid is successfully cultivated from mid-March to the end of November and in our latitudes, gardeners speak only positively about it.Radish celeste
Advantages and disadvantages
Here is a description of the merits of the variety, thanks to which it became widespread:
- excellent taste;
- early ripeness;
- high yield;
- ripens amicably, all seeding almost at the same time;
- not prone to strelkovuyu and flowering;
- has a long shelf life;
- very resistant to diseases and pests;
- during transportation retains all the original characteristics, both external and taste.
In addition, radish is distinguished by its suitability for cultivation both in open ground and in greenhouse conditions.
Celeste has some drawbacks, but they fade amid the merits:
- the plant does not tolerate saline and dense soils;
- high humidity is detrimental to the hybrid;
- excessively dry soils also fail to achieve high yields.
Preparing seeds for planting
To get a high yield, it is worth preparing a little seeds of radish for sowing, because for them the change of the microclimate around is a kind of stress. There is nothing difficult in the preparatory process. in order to collect a rich harvest it is enough to do such manipulations before sowing:
- Two days before sowing into the soil, the seeds must be soaked in a damp cotton cloth. Sometimes pre-soaking is carried out with the grain placed under the freezer to temper the future vegetable a little.
- Additionally, for disinfection for 12 hours, the seeds are kept in a weak solution of potassium permanganate.
After that, you can carry out seeding in a pre-prepared soil.Radish seeds
Soil and its preliminary preparation
Radish Celeste pleases especially high yields and fruits of excellent quality on soft, sandy soils. A good harvest will be on other soils, on clay and black soil will need to regularly loosen the top layer of soil.
Before sowing the seed, the bed must be prepared. For this purpose, they dig it up and fertilize it with organic matter, the most suitable is considered to be diluted slurry. She will be able to provide the plant with maximum nutrients for normal growth and the formation of a root crop in such a short time. But drugs of chemical origin should not be used, they will adversely affect the sustainability of the grown bole.
The hybrid bears fruit excellently throughout the season, it is not afraid of short spring and autumn days, crops are covered with a film in early spring.
The seeding process itself is as follows:
- on a loosened bed, make grooves, up to 2 cm deep. There must be at least 15 cm distance between rows.
- Finished grooves should be poured abundantly with water heated in the sun.
- Pre-soaked and disinfected seeds are sown in the grooves, at a distance of about 4 cm from each other.
- After this, the grooves are covered with a small layer of soil, but they are not trampled down.
It is recommended to completely remove it a few days after emergence of shoots.Sowing radish
In order to get the maximum possible yield from the sown bed, and then take care of the radish:
- Throughout the time, sprouts, and then the fruits need sufficient watering. It is important to ensure that the water does not stagnate in the garden bed with radish, otherwise the roots will begin to rot.
- After 7-10 days after germination, it is recommended to feed the radish. To do this, use soaked chicken manure, it is diluted with water 1:10 and shed between the rows.
- Mulching of the soil on the bed with the root crop is carried out with dry humus and compost.
Top dressing should be moderately, if you re-fertilize the soil, then the majority of sowing will go to the arrows.
Diseases and pests
Hybrid Celeste has a high immunity against most diseases. Sometimes, if the irrigation regime is not followed, the fruit may be affected by putrefactive bacteria. Prevention of this is moderate watering and checking the soil before carrying out the process.
Of the pests most often the radish suffers from aphids, this can be prevented with the help of wood ash, which is sprinkled on the plant itself and between the rows of aisles every two weeks.Ash as a way to combat aphids
Harvesting and storage
Usually, if all the necessary conditions are met, root crops can be harvested 24 days after sowing. To get a higher quality crop and visual appeal, this period should be slightly increased to 30 days. It is after this period the radish Celeste will weigh up to 30 g each.
Vintage hybrid perfectly transports transportation over long distances, and after three or four days, its appearance will not change at all.
Growing radish Celeste varieties is not difficult. With minimal time and money, everyone can get a decent reward in the form of a root crop of up to 3.5 kg per square meter.