Modern housewives are constantly looking for ways to save nutrients in vegetables. Cabbage is literally indispensable in our diet. It nourishes the body with vitamin C, as well as the most important minerals. In the conditions of an apartment, vegetable storage is rather problematic. Do not have time to look like leaves or buds infects insidious rot. Spoiled forks have to be carefully cut, or even completely discarded. With dried cabbage such incidents will not. But the process must be approached with all seriousness. Let's look at several ways to dry this vegetable for the winter at home.
How to prepare for drying different types of cabbageDry cabbage can be whole or crushed
- Belokochannaya. The record for the content of vitamin C, as well as phosphorus, calcium and potassium. With a fork to remove the leaves, on which there is even the slightest rot, as well as the leg.
- Cale This is a cabbage with curly leaves. It has a lot of fiber. Before drying, cut the top leaves, as well as spoiled.
- Colored. Forks are divided into separate inflorescences, cutting out defective places. A stump is also not needed.
- Broccoli. Drying can be whole or crushed. The latter option is more convenient. Raw materials must be of high quality. Reported spots and stumps are removed. Inflorescences are carefully cut from the stem.
The best ways to dry at home
- Dryer. For example VOLTERA 1000 Lux is a specialized device with convection. Pieces of vegetables are warmed evenly from all sides. The process takes several hours. The device is compact, so fit even in a small kitchen. The optimum temperature is considered to be within + 40 - 60 degrees. Exceed it is not worth it.
- Oven. This method is considered artificial. He gained his popularity due to the widespread use of domestic ovens. Rare kitchen is not equipped with such. Cabbage will have to be dried in several stages, otherwise the vegetable will be hopelessly over dried or burnt. The door will have to keep open. The desired result can be achieved in 2 - 3 days.
- Microwave. Vegetables are cut into thin slices. They dry up pretty quickly. Only a lot of cabbage in the oven does not fit.
How to dry in the ovenThis method is considered artificial.
Cabbage is cut into thin strips and blanched. Excess moisture should completely drain. The temperature is set from 50 to 100 degrees, but not higher. If there is no convection function in the oven, the door will have to be opened slightly and kept in this state with the help of an ordinary pencil. When it acquires a yellowish color and the juice stops flowing, you can remove it. Better to use an electric oven.
Drying in the dryerThe process of drying cabbage in the dryer Volter 1000 Lux takes several hours
Raw materials are prepared in the same way as for the oven. But the process will take much more time, since the temperature in the electric dryer will be half lower. Chopped cabbage unfolds on each tier. It will dry in about 6 hours.
In the microwaveDry cabbage in the microwave pretty quickly
The thickness of the pieces should not exceed 2-3 cm. It is at this depth that ultra-high frequency radiation penetrates. Water molecules are set in motion, and the moisture gradually evaporates. The models in which the rotation of the products on the dish is provided are more effective.
In convection ovenIt takes up to 30 minutes to dry the cabbage in the convection oven.
Vegetable wash, cut and process boiling water. Put on paper towels to absorb excess moisture. Then put it on the steamer and place it on the top grid. Temperature in the range of 60 - 65 degrees. A small portion will be ready in 15 minutes, a larger one in half an hour.
Storage and use of dried cabbage
The best containers will be linen bags made of cotton fabric. Also fit glass jars and plastic containers with sealed lids. Every couple of months you need to slightly open up so that the tanks are ventilated. Otherwise mold will appear. Such a problem often occurs with undressed cabbage.It is best to store dried cabbage in a glass container or hb bags.
This storage option is indispensable for tourists. Light sets of dried vegetables will fit even in a small backpack. They are used, as well as fresh vegetables for cooking soups, stews, cabbage soup. Soak in water before use.
Working women can take dried cabbage into service. In a matter of minutes, it will turn into a filler for first courses or a delicious filling.