Initially, young garlic was found in the wild state, today it is grown in vegetable gardens. It is believed that onion culture is endowed with miraculous magical powers. There are three main ways of planting - winter, spring, on the greens.
The benefits of green garlic feathers
The benefit is often remembered when dealing with colds, as an antiviral agent that supports the immune system. Useful properties hide undeniable facts. Among the negative consequences often produce an unpleasant smell from the mouth. Bioactive substances, microelements and minerals are especially vegetable.
Due to the fact that it contains toxic substances, it should be used with caution. Otherwise, the plant can bring both benefit to the body and harm. Active substances of green culture contribute to the natural production of hydrogen sulfide. The plant stimulates blood circulation, has a beneficial effect on blood vessels. According to traditional medicine recipes, garlic herbs are used to treat:
- Viral respiratory diseases;
- to maintain the immune system;
- possesses antibacterial properties;
- reduces harmful cholesterol levels;
- cardiovascular diseases;
- for the prevention of heart attack, stroke;
- used in the treatment of cancer;
- increases the potency in men.
Greens contain vitamins A, B1, B2, E, PP, C, trace elements, sodium, sulfur, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, copper, germanium, phytoncides. Due to its value it is highly valued among traditional medicine adherents.
Harm and contraindications for use
Against the background of useful properties, this plant can be dangerous. Vegetable is recognized as a harmful crop for pets, so you should not feed your pets dishes from the table with its addition. May be dangerous to the walls of the stomach, causing ulcers. After use, there is a burning sensation in the mouth, contributes to bloating. Unpleasant smell from the mouth, diarrhea occur when consumed without heat treatment.
After heat treatment, the harmful properties disappear, raw causes burns of the gastrointestinal tract. People with stomach problems should not use it too often. Not recommended for those prescribed blood-thinning medications. Therefore, garlic is contraindicated in people before surgery. In addition, allergic reactions may appear rash, itching. Pregnant and nursing mothers, aromatic plant is contraindicated.Bunched fresh young garlic
How to grow young green garlic at home?
Growing bulbous culture is a simple care. To get early greens, seedlings are better to sow in the fall. As soon as the snow melts, the weather will come steadily warm, garlic shoots will appear. Principles of growing garlic greens on the plot:
- First of all, you need to dig up the soil. To rob a garden bed. Mark the place in a row with a rope.
- By markings, make the grooves, pour in ashes, organic fertilizers.
- When choosing the size of teeth for growing garlic on the greens. It is best to take seedlings, which are formed from the fall at the site of the arrow.
- At equal distance disperse the garlic cloves. The distance between the teeth is 10 cm, between the rows of 20-25 cm.
- If the cloves are large, they need to be stuck in rows by hand, so that the spine is located down.
- Rows flatten slightly, rammed, after which you can wait for seedlings.
- To get early greens, as the teeth come up it is necessary to provide them with regular watering.
- Harvested before the arrows, in the southern regions this period falls in the June-July month. In the northern regions may ripen later.
- Heads are dug out of the soil, cleaned, washed out of the ground.
- The harvest is not stored for a long time, so you need to take care of its processing for culinary needs.
Blanks for winter
Recipes blanks of a young plant, there are many. Very tasty preparations are obtained in pickled form. Thanks to various additives, it is possible to prepare greens in marinades in a variety of ways.
Economical hostesses dry it and freeze, make garlic seasonings for dishes.Beginning the harvest of garlic for the winter
- To marinate garlic, you need to prepare the heads, wash them and cut the greens. You can pickle greens and heads separately. Put in sterile jars.
- Prepare the marinade at the rate of: 1 liter of water, 1 tbsp. l salt, 2 tbsp. l sugar, 3 tbsp. l vinegar 9%. All you need to boil and boil for 1-2 minutes. Marinade is ready.
- To add flavor, add a bay leaf, cloves and pepper to the jars in a jar.
- Anneal the marinade to the top of the jar and close the lids. Roll up the jars turn upside down and wrap.
In marinade with beets
- Rinse the heads of young garlic, trim the roots and greens.
- Put in jars, you can add chopped greens, then the garlic will turn a beautiful lime color. In this case, do not add beets.
- Put the marinade water on the pan, add the beet slices.
- Marinade cooked at the rate of: 1 liter of water, 1.5 tbsp. l salt, 2.5 tbsp. l sugar. Boil until boiling, pour 50 ml of vinegar 9% there.
- Pour marinade jars, add 2 cloves, peas and 1 aspirin per 1 liter jar.
- Rinse and dry cleaned heads or cut greens.
- Arrange in bags or sealed trays.
- Place in freezer, deliver if necessary.
- Thawed from freezing garlic can be added to any dish.
- Dry the washed greens, tie a thread in bundles.
- Hang bundles in a shaded place for drying.
- Willingness to check for greens, it should be well dried.
- Dried feathers can be added to food or crushed into powder. In shredded form, you get fragrant seasoning.
Growing on your land a useful vegetable crop, you can make a stock of green garlic for a whole year. Blanks will allow you to have savory snacks with a special flavor on the table. You can add them to different dishes. A good owner will not lose anything, everything will be beneficial!